sábado, 24 de marzo de 2012

Debate Activity


Last week, in classes we were working in a debate, in which the 2 motions were: "Humans are born with an ability to create language" vs. "Language is a learned construct like the rules governing a sport". My group, was composed by Mr. Elgueta, Mr. Hagedorn and I, and we defended the second motion. I was the second speaker in my group, and my argument was the following: "Humans learn language by stimulation, if there not stimulation, language can´t be learnt".

Mainly my argument talk about that babies develop language helped by the stimulous of their parents, or of the people that surround him. Later I gave an example of a baby, alone, without stimulous around him, who would not be able to communicate, for the only reason, he have never been imvolved in what language is. Finally I concluded, with a comparison between talk and walk: "The ability to talk, it´s the same as walk, we born with legs to walk, but we must learn who to use them".


In general it was a nice activity that let us improve our abilities to express and argument. I wish that we repeat the debate, or do some activity similar.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario