domingo, 1 de septiembre de 2013

Reflection and Chapters 5-6-7-8

The video shows how students were punished at school during the Victorian times. This teaching methods aren´t accepted nowadays, because, as I said in another entry, the laws nowadays are very strict about how to treat boys in the school, and also in the house (not physical punishment it's allow).

Questions 

  • Imagine that you are falsely accused of stealing someone’s wallet at school. Your accuser is a credible witness, believed by your peers. Do you insist on your innocence and try to prove it? Do you confront your accuser? How do you live with the disapproval of your peers? Is the knowledge of your innocence enough to sustain you? Write a reflection statement referring to these questions.
  • What is your opinion of Mr Brocklehurst’s philosophy of education?
  • Compare Jane Eyre to other mistreated heroines from children’s stories (Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White). Knowing that Jane Eyre is the novel that broke many rules about how a mistreated heroine should act, compare and contrast them to Jane.
Answers

1) Obviously I will insist on my innocence and I will try to prove it by any way. I mean, I will don´t assume something that I haven´t done (it's something logic I think).

2) I don't accept that philosophy of education. For those times, maybe it was acceptable, but nowadays I think that many people will agree with me and thing that Mr. Brocklehurst philosophy of education is barbarism.

3) The  main difference is that Jane Eyre it's alone with her problems compared with the others heroins that they have some 'magic help'.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario